Posts for tag: cosmetic dentistry
If you're suffering from tooth loss, it's vital to deal with this problem as soon as possible, as it may lead to serious issues like bone deterioration. Luckily, dental implants are a restorative procedure that beautifies your smile, restrengthens your jawbone, and prevents the general mal-effects of tooth loss. Your dentist in Prairieville, LA, Dr. Paul Nguyen, is an expert in restorative dentistry and can help you look and feel your best thanks to dental implants!
Dental Implant Procedure
The dental implant procedure begins with a local anesthetic being applied to the necessary area. Your dentist then extracts any remnants of the old tooth before inserting in the jawbone a post made of titanium, a biocompatible material that isn't rejected by the body's tissue.
Next, the doctor surgically closes the area and allows it to heal for a period of 3 to 6 months. During this time, the process of osseointegration takes its full course, meaning that the titanium post has fused with the rest of the bone and can now act as a proper replacement to the missing tooth roots. Now, when you return to our Prairieville office, your dentist will re-open the area, insert an abutment, and place a crown on top of it that matches the rest of your teeth.
Dental Implant Benefits
Dental implants have several advantages.
Here are a few:
- Implants have a high success rate compared to other dental restorations
- They can last a lifetime if cared for properly
- Dental implants look natural and can give you a beautiful smile
- They don't slip out of place like dentures, which makes them comfortable and practical
- You won't have to worry about being able to bite into and chew your favorite foods
- They provide your jawbone with the support it needs so that it doesn't shrink
If you have questions or concerns, Dr. Paul Nguyen can help you out. Call his Prairieville office today at (225) 673-1647.
Show off your best possible smile with cosmetic dentistry. There are several types of dental procedures for correcting cosmetic imperfections in teeth. Cracked or chipped teeth can be repaired, crooked teeth can be reshaped, and dull or discolored teeth can be whitened. Whether you choose one procedure or several, cosmetic dentistry can transform your smile. At Nguyen Dental, Dr. Paul Nguyen is your dentist for cosmetic dentistry in Prairieville, LA.
Cosmetic dentistry can give you the smile you desire while boosting your confidence. In Prairieville, several cosmetic dentistry procedures are available for improving the appearance of your smile. Teeth that have become dingy, yellow, or stained can be made whiter and brighter; gaps between teeth can be closed; the shape of misshaped teeth can be corrected; chips and cracks can be repaired or sealed. A cosmetic dentist can recommend the appropriate cosmetic dental procedures to help you show off your best possible smile.
Several cosmetic dental procedures are available at Nguyen Dental, including the following:
- Porcelain veneers — Thin porcelain covers placed over the fronts of teeth to conceal cosmetic imperfections, such as stains, chips, or cracks.
- Dental crowns — Protective caps placed over teeth that can strengthen weak or damaged teeth, as well as conceal cosmetic imperfections.
- Dental bonding — Procedure for repairing chips, cracks, and other problems in teeth by applying a tooth-colored resin material that permanently bonds to the teeth.
- Contouring and reshaping — A method for reshaping teeth that are crooked or oddly shaped by gently shaving away small portions of enamel until the desired tooth shape is achieved.
- Teeth whitening — Professional strength treatment for whitening and brightening teeth that have become dull, stained, or discolored.
Cosmetic dentistry can help you achieve the smile you desire so you can show off your best possible smile. To find out which cosmetic dental procedures are right for you, schedule a consultation with Dr. Nguyen, your Prairieville, LA dentist for cosmetic dentistry, by calling Nguyen Dental at (225) 673-1647.
Smiles change over the years. You notice that yours looks dull and yellow, but does it have to stay that way? If you have healthy teeth and gums, you can get professional teeth whitening from Nguyen Dental in Prairieville, LA. Safe, effective and quick, this popular cosmetic service brightens stained tooth enamel by up to eight shades. Find out how the process works and how you can maintain your refreshed look.
How dental stains develop
It's not just a matter of time, but also a matter of what we consume:
- Dark drinks, such as colas, tea, and coffee
- Acidic foods, such as tomatoes and citrus fruits, which soften enamel
- Cigarette smoke and chewing tobacco
Additionally, poor oral hygiene habits, some prescription medications, and the aging process contribute to discolored smiles. Although tooth enamel is hard, it retains organic matter because it's a matrix composed of calcified fibers. In other words, tooth surfaces actually absorb stains.
Unfortunately, simple brushing and flossing cannot remove stubborn stains. That's where professional teeth whitening with Dr. Nguyen comes in.
Why professional whitening?
Professional whitening methods simply are safer than over the counter strips and pastes, says Dear Doctor magazine. Whitening products involve concentrated hydrogen peroxide, and under the supervision of a highly skilled dentist, such as Dr. Nguyen, the process causes little to no dental or gingival sensitivity--not so with do-it-yourself kits.
But, when you visit Nguyen Dental in Prairieville for teeth whitening, you receive a careful examination to ensure your teeth and gums are healthy and a precise application of the peroxide gel. Whether you opt for one-hour, in-office treatment or at-home application via customized acrylic trays, you get great whitening results (up to eight shades) so your smile looks and feels its very best.
Keeping a white smile
Of course, the effects of professional whitening fade over time. However, you can keep your smile bright indefinitely by:
- Getting whitening touch-ups and professional cleanings with your Prairieville dentist
- Brushing twice a day and flossing daily
- Avoiding tobacco in any form
- Limiting coffee, tea, soy sauce and other deeply pigmented dietary choices
- Drinking plenty of water to wash tooth surfaces and keep saliva flowing
Your smile aesthetics really can shine. Why not explore the many cosmetic dental services offered at Nguyen Dental? Teeth whitening is just one of them! Call the office in Prairieville, LA today for your consultation: (225) 673-1647.