Posts for tag: Dental Implants
If you're suffering from tooth loss, it's vital to deal with this problem as soon as possible, as it may lead to serious issues like bone deterioration. Luckily, dental implants are a restorative procedure that beautifies your smile, restrengthens your jawbone, and prevents the general mal-effects of tooth loss. Your dentist in Prairieville, LA, Dr. Paul Nguyen, is an expert in restorative dentistry and can help you look and feel your best thanks to dental implants!
Dental Implant Procedure
The dental implant procedure begins with a local anesthetic being applied to the necessary area. Your dentist then extracts any remnants of the old tooth before inserting in the jawbone a post made of titanium, a biocompatible material that isn't rejected by the body's tissue.
Next, the doctor surgically closes the area and allows it to heal for a period of 3 to 6 months. During this time, the process of osseointegration takes its full course, meaning that the titanium post has fused with the rest of the bone and can now act as a proper replacement to the missing tooth roots. Now, when you return to our Prairieville office, your dentist will re-open the area, insert an abutment, and place a crown on top of it that matches the rest of your teeth.
Dental Implant Benefits
Dental implants have several advantages.
Here are a few:
- Implants have a high success rate compared to other dental restorations
- They can last a lifetime if cared for properly
- Dental implants look natural and can give you a beautiful smile
- They don't slip out of place like dentures, which makes them comfortable and practical
- You won't have to worry about being able to bite into and chew your favorite foods
- They provide your jawbone with the support it needs so that it doesn't shrink
If you have questions or concerns, Dr. Paul Nguyen can help you out. Call his Prairieville office today at (225) 673-1647.